DDoS Of Things -

xorcist at sigaint.org xorcist at sigaint.org
Wed Sep 28 20:25:48 PDT 2016

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 9:23 PM,  <xorcist at sigaint.org> wrote:
> I'd bet a lot of readers here would have major ethical issues with
> what they do... collect and mine info so they can cold call, spam,
> promote, engineer, and market people brands and junk they don't
> need... and wouldn't be into working in that line of business.

<shrug>  Just pointing out that not all places are super-competitive.

> Of course some the other stuff they have / do under the
> hood is surely cool, from a model, tech, data perspective.

Yup. The hows/whats/whys of the data they collect is interesting.

>> I won't give the others because, I still have relationships
>> with them. But Bluecore is awesome
>
> Parsing... and presumably formerly with bluecore.

I contracted with them for a period. Last time I knew, their security
wasn't so hot, in case anyone is bored.

> Go find me rockets, networks, and cool physical stuff to build...
> something / data useful to society / humanity / future / action...
> not pimping pointless Hilfiger jackets and Puravida bracelets.

BAE needs Linux guys if you can pass the security clearance. There are two
projects that I know are current: creating a nuclear sub training
simulator, and embedded programming to create a new electronic lock.

I'm not a real fan of the marketing industry myself, but I have far fewer
qualms with that than working for a weapons manufacturer.