the hacker

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Tue Sep 27 12:32:44 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Cecilia Tanaka <cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2016 11:41 AM, "Sean Lynch" <seanl at literati.org> wrote:
> >
> > Given how nationalistic Zen says Russians are, I wouldn't be surprised
> if a lot of them hack for free, thus significantly reducing the need for
> TAO or changing its role to more of a support organization. American
> ultra-nationalists tend to be too dumb to hack.
>
> Sean, if you want to know him, one of my cutest Russian friends is living
> in San Francisco, nearby from you.  He is a pretty fun, an intelligent
> hacker, who thinks for himself and will tell you that most of the Russian
> people are NOT stupid blind Putin's socketpuppets.

While I appreciate the offer to meet your cute Russian friend, I know
plenty of Russians. My sample is skewed by the fact that they're all tech
workers who have for one reason or another left Russia. The one I know who
is most nationalistic is in fact nationalistic about the US and hates
Russia. I don't know a single one who is nearly as much of a knee-jerk
supporter of Russia and Putin as Zen is.