JY vs Sea Sea vs Actual Discussion

David Smith anon7427 at tutanota.de
Fri Sep 23 11:06:01 PDT 2016

I've been reading the list for a few weeks and, I have to say, I am very disappointed. Cypherpunks used to be a group of individuals who solved problems, discussed solutions, and tackled the hard problems that faced the Internet community. There were flame wars, but they got resolved and the list got in with its business.

This current shit surrounding cypher piggie is ridiculous. Who the fuck cares about how rude juan is or if Sea Sea or JY are the same people? It's stupid shit that's distracting the list from real issues that it could be tackling instead of spending endless time arguing with and over an obvious troll.

Or maybe that's the whole point. Distraction from real work, real code, real idea discussion. Maybe that's the why.

I know it won't do any good, but I appeal to the members of this list who are engaging in these stupid discussions to fucking stop it! Focus on what needs to be done, focus on ideas, focus on getting code written.

At last, let me say I'm not jumping into the argument here at all. I'm sure this email will be challenged or someone will say something stupid in response. I won't bother responding to those. But I will engage in serious discussion with anyone who wishes to do so. I don't care about sea sea or juan or John Young or who they 'really' are. I'm here to connect with other REAL cypherpunks who want to get shit done. Not little boy and girl posers who like the idea of tangentially associating themselves with a movement that changed the world.

My public key is below should anyone wish to use it to communicate.