nailing the converted forestry track!

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Wed Sep 7 03:12:31 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 07:39:35AM -0700, Razer wrote:
> You HAVE TO CREATE, from SCRATCH, a society of people who do that and
> adhere to others who self-regulate...  because the tide's been going
> the other way for hundreds and hundreds of years now.

Perhaps https://freestateproject.org/ might be a good place to
start, but:

The mistake some have made in the past is to hit the highlands, up a
converted forst track to avoid the happy go yippee hippies who turned
into hip go yippee yuppies in their BMWs and their Labradoodles, but
fundamentally, to do so as a small group of perhaps 1, perhaps 5 or 10.

Although the FreeStateProject may be too big for some, and the desired
result of the project too far away in the future, it is perhaps the best
state to start in for smaller project:

In Australia, we have national/federal, then state (so far similar to
USA), then "local council" - perhaps this corresponds to "county"? I'm
not sure sorry.

Anyway, at the local county/ local council / "parish" level, enough
folks targetting a specific area (say 25000 acres of rocky highlands),
could create their own county, their own council to run it, and write
whatever dang bylaws you choose! For example:
 - no sealed roads
 - no blocks/ land titles smaller than 100 acres
 - compulsory rifle/ gun training for all citizens over 14yrs old

This is the roughest of rough drafts. Be creative.

Gather with those you could possibly unite with, get to know folks who
are inspired by such concepts as you imagine and communicate with
others. Make it happen. Live your dream!

Raise issues privately or publicly, learn how to assess "cold water
bucket" types, "energy sink" types, "much promise but never any action"
types and avoid them all - boot their arses to kindom come, and have a
party afterwards!

Take no prisoners in this regard - you cannot afford to put your life
energy, your inspiration, your love and care, into deadweights.

Know that you face setbacks, fears, all human frailties. Know that the
universe will come to support, synchronicity may lift you in times of
need, but always do your bit, exercise your own due diligence and walk
your own talk.

The world desperately needs those who can hold the long thought,
sit calmly in the confidence of your end goal, with the strength
of character and faith to weather the storms and setbacks.

   It is not someone else, neither the government (specially not the
   government :), nor your not-so-humble author, not "them" and not
   any one else at all, that can hold, nurture, and live, your dream!

It is you, and you alone!

Live you dream, fellow souls, live your dream!

https://freestateproject.org/