FreeBSD 11.0 Released

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Tue Oct 11 09:23:01 PDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 01:50:20AM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> Alternative OS news [not Windows, not Linux]...
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/ISO-IMAGES/11.0/

Nice to see open source competition :)

How do I verify the ISOs from the above plain ftp url, there is no
crypto signature and downloading the checksums from the same (possibly
owned) site doesn't make much sense.

As an aside, why big vendors choose linux (android, wireless routers,
etc) instead of the permissive BSD license (do the fuck what you want,
no GPL, no Stallman)? (BSD appears to support less hardware, but for few
bucks this can be solved).