FreeBSD Status Report

John Newman jnn at synfin.org
Tue Nov 15 03:40:54 PST 2016

A lot of people don't know the Jolitz 386BSD (precursor to all the modern BSDs) was out and fully running in like 92.

I'm almost positive it had fuller functionality than the early ancient Linux distros. I think there were some licensing issues that had people iffy on the "legality" of running it early on...

John