US: Post Election Protests

juan juan.g71 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:26:49 PST 2016

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 12:06:33 -0500
John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

> > On Nov 10, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Razer <rayzer at riseup.net> wrote:
> >

> > On 11/10/2016 03:47 AM, John Newman wrote some non-analytical
> > nonsense:
> >
> >> Violence ended slavery in the South.
> >> Violence created the so called "land of the free" =)
> >>
> >> Sometimes it's the solution.
> >>
> >> John
> >

> > Violence is a tactic. It can LEAD to a solution but it is not the
> > solution itself
>
> Yes , truly spoken.
>
> The thing about violence is - science has advanced so many "wonderful
> ways" for us to kill ourselves,

	Not meaning to re-start a flame war =P,  but I think you mean
	technology, not science. Yes, technological development is
	(partly) related to what can be called 'basic' science but
	 they are distinct.

> it becomes increasingly obvious
> humanity needs to either disavow war altogether (how to do that I
> have no idea) or face the inevitable conclusion that we are going to
> fucking destroy ourselves.

	That's a possibility, but it doesn't strike me as too
	consistent with the 'science' of 'biology' - How many examples
	of species that commit collective suicide are there? Why should
	human *animals* be different? Even inter species competition
	doesn't lead to complete destruction usually.

	On the other hand, given the trends in 'networking' and
	totalitarianism, it wouldn't be too surprising if the human
	race became some sort of collective entity in which our ruling
	monsters (say google and clinton) would act as a 'brain'.