[Cryptography] Proof that the NSA does not have a quantum computer capable of attacking public key crypto (yet)

Sean Lynch seanl at literati.org
Wed Feb 10 12:16:43 PST 2016

While I believe the NSA does not have such a machine for different reasons,
in particular that I don't think it's possible for them to get that far
ahead of the state-of-the-art, I think it's something of a leap from "NSA
doesn't have good internal security" to "NSA wouldn't provide good internal
security to a computer system that far ahead of the state of the art." If
they ARE hiding a quantum computer, that would make it more likely that
there is an extremely strong compartment where they put their most precious
secrets, while they lead the rest of the world to think the compartment
Snowden had access to *was* that compartment.