"right" vs permission, to immigrate - "Japan: No Muslims, no terrorists"

Cecilia Tanaka cecilia.tanaka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:19:31 PST 2016

On Dec 22, 2016 3:59 PM, "grarpamp" <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> > An article that mentions "No Muslims, no terrorism" in its title [...]
racist ...

> Islam is not a biological race (though after 1350 years it probably is).

Sorry, dear, you are very correct and I can explain my strange mistake.  :P

Here, in my country, we use the adjective 'racist' only when happens
discrimination against a race.  When we talk about discrimination against
creeds or origins, we use the adjective 'prejudiced'.

In the last months, because of all the Trump news, I was finding a lot of
texts in English using 'racist' to make reference to any kind of
discrimination, against Muslims, Jews, Mexicans, LGBT, etc.

It doesn't make much sense in Latin languages, but when I asked about it to
a North American friend whether this use was correct, he said it was pretty
usual to call 'racist' an anti-semitic person, for example.

Until I know, prejudice against Jews is terribly stupid, but it is not
racism.  The same about prejudice against Muslims.  It is not racism, but a
horrible prejudice against a creed.  Prejudice against someone's origins
(Mexicans, for example)  is not racism too.  :P

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the lesson, my dear!  Now I learned
how to express correctly my revolt against prejudiced people, aww...
Pretty sweet of you!  <3