Allegedly Volkswagen cheated to both governments and lusers

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Mon Sep 28 04:21:42 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 12:00:52PM +0100, Cathal (Phone) wrote:
> I gather it was discovered when a trade association was setting out to show off how awesome and clean modern diesels were, and did their own tests on actual road driving unlike the EPA. They discovered how shit the pollution really was and decided to report it.

I don't follow this news actively. What is source for this?

I suppose the people who reported this were not FV (and likely not
German).

But why they did the tests so lately?

Is EPA so corrupt to not see a trivial backdoor?

> Which, if that's accurate, really reaffirms my faith in some of humanity, because it was actively against their interests to do so?

Well, I trust _some_ humanity, but as a whole modern society is quite
untrustworthy IMHO.