Allegedly Volkswagen cheated to both governments and lusers

Tom tom at vondein.org
Mon Sep 28 06:08:55 PDT 2015

Hi,

in germany this is at least known since 2007:

http://m.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/a-1054926.html (german
source, sorry) and the auto industry is being covered by the german
government(*). The government does even lobby in the EU against stronger
norms in vafour of german auto industry since years.

So, if you ask me, it is implausible that eh EPA found out about this
only recently. IMHO they knew it all the time. Now there has been "that
call" from D.C. ordering them to open the box. Why now? I don't know,
but maybe looking east and south from germany may help...

*) this means, at least in germany they didn't cheat. The government
did in effect.

- Tom

PS: oh, and it's now VW only, it's all of them.