Allegedly Volkswagen cheated to both governments and lusers

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Mon Sep 28 16:53:38 PDT 2015

On 9/28/15, Tom <tom at vondein.org> wrote:
> in germany this is at least known since 2007:

CIA never lets a good opportunity go to waste - keep such aces up
sleeves for future threat and or retaliation 'opportunity'.

> http://m.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unternehmen/a-1054926.html (german
> source, sorry) and the auto industry is being covered by the german
> government(*). The government does even lobby in the EU against stronger
> norms in vafour of german auto industry since years.
>
> So, if you ask me, it is implausible that eh EPA found out about this
> only recently. IMHO they knew it all the time. Now there has been "that
> call" from D.C. ordering them to open the box. Why now? I don't know,
> but maybe looking east and south from germany may help...
>
> *) this means, at least in germany they didn't cheat. The government
> did in effect.

Indeed it could be seen as retaliation - an enticing if impossible to
prove proposition - Germany's leader finally suggests alternative
approaches required to handle Syrian refugees 'and Assad' and the
situation in Ukraine, and US firing back:

2014, Germany towing the US line:
* Nov 11, 2014 - Merkel aide rules out working with Assad despite rise
of Islamic State
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/11/us-syria-crisis-germany-assad-idUSKCN0IV13O20141111

now the shift:
* Sep 1, 2015 - EU migrant crisis: Germany's Angela Merkel suggests
border controls may be re-introduced
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-migrant-crisis-germanys-angela-merkel-suggests-border-controls-may-be-re-introduced-1517891

* 04 Sep 2015 - Germany helps Russia bypass Ukraine via ‘Nord Stream 2’
http://www.euractiv.com/sections/energy/germany-helps-russia-bypass-ukraine-nord-steam-2-317340
(who needs the EU energy protectionist package when you can go direct to Russia)

* Sep 12, 2015 - Germany's Merkel sees need to cooperate with Russia on Syria
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/12/us-mideast-crisis-syria-germany-idUSKCN0RC0LM20150912

* 24.09.2015 - Merkel says Assad must have role in Syria talks
http://www.dw.com/en/merkel-says-assad-must-have-role-in-syria-talks/a-18736427

and possible reprisal by US - 'VW scandal!' (7 years late) and new US
nukes stationed in Germany (take THAT, Germans!):
* Sep 18 - VW Is Said to Cheat on Diesel Emissions; U.S. to Order Big Recall
http://tech.slashdot.org/firehose.pl?op=view&type=story&sid=15/09/18/1745221
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/business/volkswagen-is-ordered-to-recall-nearly-500000-vehicles-over-emissions-software.html

* September 21, 2015 - U.S. Will Station New Nuclear Weapons in
Germany Against Russia
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/09/u-s-will-station-new-nuclear-weapons-in-germany-against-russia.html
“The Bundestag decided in 2009, expressing the will of most Germans,
that the US should withdraw its nuclear weapons from Germany. But
German Chancellor Angela Merkel did nothing.” And now she okays the
U.S. to increase America’s German-based nuclear arsenal against
Russia.

Perhaps USG has some control dirt on Merkel? Perhaps the Bundestag is
not independent, or perhaps we're not getting the full story?

Zenaan