Elsevier tries to Swartz Sci-Hub

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Jun 28 03:51:52 PDT 2015

Peculiar that there are not thousands of mirrors of offerings by
Libgen, Sci-hub and the like, as well as new inititatives by the thousands.

These collections are a lot more valuable than puny, by comparison,
offerings by WikiLeaks and Snowden's media  apparatus -- heavily
publicized, politicized, monetized, glorified but minimally technically
and scientifically useful due to sparse and drippy releases.

For example, 3,415 volumes liberated by Aaron Swartz remain on torrent
(some of which we have mirrored with only a half-dozen DMCA notices):

http://cryptome.org/aaron-swartz-series.htm