Lantern: One Device, Free Data From Space Forever

Travis Biehn tbiehn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:47:20 PST 2014

Do your own research on my statements, they are based on a brief review of
their marketing materials from 1-2 months ago:

The biggest problem I have with this project is that the sats are
centralized. I don't see how it can live up to 'censorship free.'

It depends on a crowd-sourced list of articles + funding from private
advertisers.

You need to be morally aligned with the 'majority of people' - the
minorities are still oppressed and marginalized. Corporate interests pay
for top hits. Not enough protection against sybil attacks. Many, many many
many more problems they need to address.

Neat idea on the face, though, just need to iron out some really big
problems (sybil, distributed control of sat systems, ???.)

-Travis

--
Twitter <https://twitter.com/tbiehn> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisbiehn> | GitHub <http://github.com/tbiehn>