Lantern: One Device, Free Data From Space Forever

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Fri Nov 14 09:26:34 PST 2014

It's "censorship-free" in the sense that a nation-state can't
effectively block their citizens from using Lantern.

So, it's a censorship-free centralized distribution system, as opposed
to a censorship-proof decentralized publishing system like Freenet.

And it's centralized, so as soon as the central authority (the
satellites) are compromised, the whole system is owned.

IMO this is a neat first step -- it's not the whole way, but it's
getting there. Now we just need Freenet or similar on decentralized
microsats.

--
Sent from Ubuntu