[Cryptography][Law] Jeremy Hammond Banned from using Cryptography

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Nov 16 08:36:45 PST 2013

Still, recognize that hammering Hammond is meant to be
sickening, as with Manning, Anonymous and Lulzsec members.
In every case rats were coerced into incriminating others by
threats of doing to them what was done to Hammond. If nobody
is ever hammered the threats are not taken seriously.

At a HOPE panel on informants, several hackers disclosed
those pressures to rat, some succumbed and were let off,
Emmanuel Goldstein admitted it, some refused and were
jailed, Bernie-X, Kevin Mitnick. All agreed it is far worse to
go through than you think. Goldstein estimated 25% of hackers
are rats.

Barrett Brown is on the hot seat right now, being offering deals
to rat, as customary, with three (!) trials postponed to maintain
pressure. Shit, even his mom was used as a fed provocation to
misbehave then as a persuasion club as were Sabu's nephew
and niece.

Anybody with a high profile is targeted, so beware publicity
hounds crowing of derrying-do and urgings by high profilers
who may or may not be in the grips of the feds, and if not,
will soon be due to their publicity narcosis, and then used
as clubs or head to jail for obstruction and recidivism or
some other nut-squeezing -- even in jail they are offered
deals to rat and sentence reduced.

In or out jail the pressure to rat continues, as with Adrian
Lamo. Ex-cons never know if an overture is an LE sting or a
an honest request for advice, so they rat to be safe -- recall
they are obliged -- forever -- to report overtures, just like
ex-spies remain under the gun to rat for life. If you haven't
been there don't imagine you know what it's like.

Don't imagine this list and others like it, chats, OTRs, TOR,
are not being spied for easy targets.