request for transcript: Bruce Schneier and Eben Moglen discuss a post-Snowden Internet

Juan Garofalo juan.g71 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 18:34:22 PST 2013

--On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:43 AM +0000 Jacob Appelbaum
<jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:

> Juan Garofalo:
>>

>> --On Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:11 PM -0800 coderman
>> <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Video:
>>>  https://archive.org/details/schneier
>>> Audio:
>>>  http://www.softwarefreedom.org/events/2013/a_conversation_with_bruce_s
>>>  ch neier/
>>>

>> 	"the nsa can't break tor"
>>
>> 	Ha? tor developers admit that the nsa can break tor but schneider says
>> otherwise?
>
> Where do we admit that the NSA can break Tor? We have seen evidence only
> for the NSA exploiting the code in Tor Browser (Firefox) and never in
> the core Tor network software.

	See my next messages. I'm referring to the "users get router" paper.

	I see no reason to believe that the NSA can't find out who's who in the
tor network.

>> 	plus, schneier, greenwald and partners don't seem to have too much
>> credibility at this point
>>

> Why is that?

	Because they have access to a lot of information they are not publishing,
and have close ties to the establishment.

	Plus, isn't the latest news that greenwald was bribed/bought by ebays
owner, who happens to be the typical fake american 'libertarian' (he's
actually a mercantilist conservative - see what kind of 'free' market ebay
is)