Avaaz in "grave danger" due to GMail spam filters

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Mon Aug 19 15:24:13 PDT 2013

2013/8/19 alex wright <wrightalexw at gmail.com>

> I put text in a box.  I click a button.  That text is transported to
> people across the globe.  Fucking people need to get over some UI shit.

I preferred it when I could do:

THIS

With only 1 button click.

And that it doesn't appear like '>'

And that my inbox state is the same on my windows box, linux box, vm's,
laptop, school/uni/office computer, grandmother's weird laptop, ancient Mac
boxes and my phone.

Hasn't been bad not having a single outage since forever either.

I tried setting up a mail_server_ once. That was fun. Haha. I'm even likely
to get spamfiltered when I send something. Great!

So, do I want to deal with the idiots at my ISP? Nah. Do I want to deal
with Google, which offer imap, pop3, whatever and webmail and also
everything I could wish for? Kinda!

I think we need to have an alternative to e-mail that takes the bullocks
out of it, and makes it properly distributed somehow. And then somehow
migrate everyone. Maybe make some
servers-that-are-also-bridges-to-the-evil-world-of-email.

If anybody is ever interested in the software I propose, e-mail me and we
can work on it. (the irony of discussing alternatives to e-mail over e-mail)

And regarding blackhatting all nooblet users, yeah I kinda think that's
actually a fairly legitimate argument. If only things went bad all the time
people would care more about security. Simplistic worldviews. If only they
were ever real.