[cryptography] [info] The NSA Is Building the Country's Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)

Dean, James Jdean at lsuhsc.edu
Thu Mar 22 07:15:41 PDT 2012

From
http://blogs.computerworld.com/19917/shocker_nsa_chief_denies_total_info
rmation_awareness_spying_on_americans?source=CTWNLE_nlt_security_2012-03
-22:

Despite the fact that domestic spying on Americans is already an
e-hoarding epidemic, the massive new NSA storage facility in Utah will
solve the problem of how to manage 20 terabytes a minute of intercepted
communications.

Even if the intercepted communication is AES encrypted and unbroken
today, all that stored data will be cracked some day. Then it too can be
data-mined. The super secret spook agency is full of code breakers.
"Remember," former intelligence official Binney stated, "a lot of
foreign government stuff we've never been able to break is 128 or less.
Break all that and you'll find out a lot more of what you didn't
know-stuff we've already stored-so there's an enormous amount of
information still in there." Binney added the NSA is "on the verge of
breaking a key encryption algorithm."

----- End forwarded message -----