[gsc] Fwd: Bitcoin P2P e-cash paper

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sun Nov 2 10:11:47 PST 2008

In re: <http://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf>

On Nov 2, 2008, at 12:27 PM, R.A. Hettinga wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2008, at 9:52 AM, Patrick Chkoreff wrote:
>
>> That is a great paper.
>
> Shit. Now I have to read the damn thing.

-------

:-)

Kewl. Nice to see that someone's blown the cobwebs off the stuff
that's out there, and done something interesting.

So, one of the things I like is that it's got a distributed mint,
kinda like Juels and Jakobsson's Breadpudding scheme for Shamir/
Rivest's Micromint.

Not to mention a variant of Adam Back's Hashcash proof of work stuff.
I've never been convinced by the Bayes-filter guys' incessant attacks
on proof of work schemes like Eric Johansson's Camram, myself, though
I've always been more interested in underwriting other things of value
besides mere machine horsepower. :-). Looks like this is long-awaited
step in the right direction.

It's even got a shout out to Wei Dai's Crypto++ .

It's like old home week around here.

Cheers,
RAH