twopenny blue

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed May 9 10:51:26 PDT 2007

Contact Eric if you're interested.

--- begin forwarded text

  Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 12:36:04 -0400
  From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj at harvee.org>
  To: "R.A. Hettinga" <rah at shipwright.com>
  Subject: Re: Comcast Discovers Bonding, CEO shows off super quick modem

  R.A. Hettinga wrote:

  long time no hear.  Hope things are going reasonably well.  I'm
recovering from
  a couple of failed startups and trying to push my consulting practice
again.  I
  am making a pass at the antispam system formerly known as camram.  It's now
  known as twopenny blue.  I'm trying to change it so that it's more
acceptable to
  the zombie and proof of work phobic geeks that have plagued my existence.  I
  think I figured out how to make the proof of work environment even more
  practical.  It turns out proof of work is also a proxy for reputation and
if you
  use reputation information to modulate the price of a connection, you can
charge
  much less for "good" sites and more for ill behaved.  This further
increases the
  pricing differences between good and bad users.

  Unfortunately, my arms are giving out and I really could use some help in
making
  this code real.  If you know of any people that might be helpful, I'd
appreciate
  it if you would do an introduction/sales pitch to them.

  ---eric

  --
  Speech-recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct some.

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA