FW: End of RSA via fast factoring

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue May 8 01:47:43 PDT 2007

At 01:56 AM 4/26/2007, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>Anyone here who can read/analyze/translate this into English?

Note the Soviet Union domain name :-)

The important sentence is
"but exists a short way with fixed complexity for implementation of
hypothesis ("plan B") -
but, by ethical reason, I'll not post it here."

He demonstrates the hard way to do factoring, and says there's an easy method,
but isn't willing to explain it.  However, if you watch the cards carefully
enough,
you can see which one has the Red Queen under it, so put your bets on the
table.

In fact, NP-ishly hard problems do work this way - if you know the answer,
you can verify its correctness quickly, so all you need to do is
convince the Oracle to let you know the correct answer,
but unfortunately it can take an exponentially long period of beseeching
before Ms. Pythia will tell you what kind of oil your snake wants.