Permanent secret identity

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:49:49 PDT 2007

OK, basic question (I think)...

Let's say I have some kind of stored reputation or identity that
communicates with the outside world.
Let's say I am able to access the server that this identity is stored on
securely, and I do so for the purpose of updating information, etc, that I
want to share with the outside world. (Let's assume the sharing process is
gated my either me or an autonomous process running on that server.)

What is the protocol for locating and updating my identity on that server
without anyone else being able to determine which identity I am accessing?
Let's assume that I always initiate a session from the same IP address, and
that the identity is encrypted. What I don't want is for anyone to see that
"I" always access identity No. 268.

In other words, observers know...
1) I use this service
2) Many others use this service
3) One of the identities visible to the outside world is me

But what I don't want them to know is which identity in the outside world is
me.
Is this even necessary? Am I in effect protecting against someone taking a
core dump of the server, or are the issues more significant than this?

-TD