Mixmaster?

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Tue Oct 24 15:33:02 PDT 2006

Ulex Europae wrote:

> I do not need to learn C to benefit from Mixmaster software, your
> snipjob damaged the context of what I wrote.

If you want to run it on that Redmond stuff, then I guess you do,
actually.  (or run a VM, as suggested upthread).

> I do need Mixmaster software that works on the Win32 platform in that
> last case, and that is the major, non-troll point both you and Eugen
> glossed over.

Didn't gloss over it.  The motto 'round here is "Cypherpunks Write
Code", and while it's honored more in the breach, it still stands.

Perhaps you are needy, but you picked precisely the wrong tone for your
little chastisement.  Getting in the collective face of the developers
of the software you "need" isn't neighborly.  You also forget that it's
both free and Free.  You want guaranteed development results?  The usual
process is RFQ->PO->check.

> Anyone else? Why is there still no functional software for the Win32
> platform?

Because \polite{Windows networking is not the best environment one could
use}.  The workarounds are a royal pain.  And since Windows isn't the
only choice anymore, a lot of us have moved on to where things aren't
broken by design.  (got raw sockets?)

Go the VM route. On Windows, it'll hurt the least.
http://www.vmware.com/download/server/
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/ubuntu.html
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT