Mixmaster?

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 14:30:53 PDT 2006

On 10/24/06, Ulex Europae <europus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do need Mixmaster software that works on the Win32 platform in that
> last case, and that is the major, non-troll point both you and Eugen
> glossed over....
>
> Anyone else? Why is there still no functional software for the Win32 platform?

shitty stacks are a common reason for networked applications,
particularly on non-server variants of windows that are intentionally
crippled for "revenue optimization" in redmond:
http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/WindowsBufferProblems

my suggestion is to use a virtual machine.  you could copy a
statically linked mixmaster to any number of existing virtual
appliances: http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/

customizing / managing virtual machines is a bit cumbersome right now
but these problems are being worked on and should address many
platform specific problems people encounter with network intensive
software like anonymous mixes / onion routers.