RentaCops in Public Spaces?

Justin justin-cypherpunks at soze.net
Mon Jan 23 16:39:16 PST 2006

On 2006-01-23T17:02:29-0500, Tyler Durden wrote:
> Yes, it occurs to me that they might be considered private property. BUT
> they are over West Street. Does this make them public? (Or at least the
> portions that are technically over public property?)
>
> Makes me think I need to get ME a SECURITY jacket or, better yet: POLICE. I

I'd suggest a fed TLA or FLA, something like FCC or FEMA.  A fed can
always make up an excuse to be just about anywhere.  FBI, DEA, and ATF
are too high-profile.  SECURITY and POLICE are too generic; people might
not take you seriously.

> see all sorts of MwG running rackets of various sorts: I want in...time to
> get with the program and start collecting taxes!!!

That's easy enough.  Grab a gun, sweat pants, hooded jacket, ski mask,
gloves, and lurk outside some isolated fine dining establishment.  If
your (loyal) taxpayers complain about taxation without representation,
accuse them of being unpatriotic, and offer them a chance to vote on who
you mug next.

--
The six phases of a project:
I. Enthusiasm.         IV. Search for the Guilty.