Fwd: Researchers Develop Quantum Processor

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 01:16:51 PST 2006

> You're confusing hype with the real thing. Show me a 64 qubit register
> in solid state at ~room temperature, and then we'll talk about how that
> is relevant to elliptical curve crypto.
>
> Of course NSA is pimping ECC, so they might have
> their own reasons.

indeed; they vastly understate the difficulty of the difficult part
they mention in the article.  i'm mostly poking fun - the stability of
lots of qubits together is independent of the manufacturability of
these individual qubit holders using existing tech.

i'll get imminently worried when the RSA challenges start dropping like mad...