[syverson at itd.nrl.navy.mil: Re: Tor on USB]

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:44:36 PDT 2005

Fascinating little gizmo.

Got a question...sorry I'm just too f'in busy to keep up with this side,
but...

How long will it take the Greater Tor Network to notice the existence of
this little node?

In other words, if I go into a Starbucks with this thing, can my laptop or
whatever start acting like a temporary Tor node?

That's a very fascinating concept: A temporary, transient Tor network. Any
node on this network could cease to exist by the time someone tried to jam
large portions of it. Or at least, their attacks would have to be a hell of
a lot more flexible.

-TD