Golden Triangle Drug Traffic Arbitrage?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Mar 23 18:49:27 PST 2005

    --
On 23 Mar 2005 at 20:19, Anonymous wrote:
> If the yuan is actually cheaper than it should be
> because of being pegged to the dollar, there's a much
> easier way to take advantage of the arbitrage
> opportunity: simply buy goods in China and sell them
> in America. And guess what, thousands of Chinese
> export companies do just that, making money off the
> economic downhill slide that China has erected
> spanning the Pacific.  This effectively forces Chinese
> workers to be paid less than they are worth,
> decreasing their savings and acting as an economic
> stimulus for China as a whole.

Your economics is entirely sound, but I disagree with
you on one minor question of fact.  I doubt the yuan is
cheaper than it should be.  Seems to me that the
fundamental reason why chinese are working cheap and
providing us with their excellent goods in exchange for
our rather dubious and shaky dollars so abundantly
printed by the Bush administration, is that the chinese
banking system is even more dubious and shaky. Chinese
prefer to stash their wealth in America, rather than in
China.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     yC4wWPvE9H0XZCRKPMW6PqvlRX3vgMVfysKz8u6u
     44OJ9qSkTtN7rlOcXnJVAQ7CsuzdGN9MlipEX1/yY