/. [Intel Adds DRM to New Chips]

DiSToAGe distoage at sbbi.net
Thu Jun 2 03:26:09 PDT 2005

Le jeudi 02 juin 2005 ` 09:27 +0200, Eugen Leitl a icrit :
> My thought is, can cryptosystems be broken? Not by 31337 h4x0rs, obviously.

with time each, but not the general crypto "philosophy" ?

> > cert on your DRM you must put cert and private keys on your DRM chip ...
>
> Not you -- somebody else. Generated on board, probably, or generated
> externally, and loaded into the hardware.

yes, with "you" I meen "you being an hardware maker"

> Why do you think a system designed to contain and keep a secret will contain
> a convenient backdoor?

not a backdoor, we forget to much that every system is only 1 and 0
through electricity and physical circuits. If you can make them you can
watch them (with time and monney i agree). Perhaps thinking that datas
(certs, instructions) can be "hidden" behind a physical thing is only a
dream ? I ask myself if not every cryptosystem where you must have
something "hidden" or "physically not accessible" in point of the
process is not sure ?

--
"Perhaps one day "computer science" will, like Yugoslavia, get broken up
into its component parts. That might be a good thing. Especially if it