Well, they got what they want...

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:17:16 PDT 2005

>From: Steve Thompson <steve49152 at yahoo.ca>
>To: cypherpunks at jfet.org
>Subject: Re: Well, they got what they want...
>Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:01:30 -0400 (EDT)
>
>--- Tyler Durden <camera_lumina at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...I'm sure most are aware that random searches has begun here in NYC,
> > at subway stations and in the LIRR. Contraband (drugs, etc...) can get
> > the owner arrested. The next step, of course, will be to start grabbing
> > anyone carrying terrorist propaganda, such as the Qu'ran, leaflets,
> > or even the New York Times.
>
>You fucking 'tard; nobody is going to be arrested for carrying a copy of
>the NYT.

Well, if you're saying what I think you're saying, I'm still not so sure.
"Lies of the Times" indeed...the Times "Liberal" compared to NYPost,
etc...is like Kodos compared to Kang.

BUT, -local- authorities just might declare it "Liberal Propaganda". Or
worse, ANY litereature (left, right) will be suspect.

Is this paranoid? A year or two I would have thought so. But things have
gotten so out of wack that anything goes. Cellphones, of course, are the
latest scary devices, and here in NYC the towers for them are down in key
infrastructural places. I could easily see that being expanded into the Wall
Street/downtown area, where we already have multiple barricades and machine
gun armed cops.

Saw a local security expert on the news, and he stated the obvious: Random
searches and whatnot are going to do zero for someone determined, but
"might" deter someone who was "thinking about" blowing up the A train. In
other words, everyone here in NYC knows that we've given up a lot for the
sake of the appearence of security, but no one seems to give a damn.