Spotting Trouble Identifying Faltering and Failing States (1997)

Pete Capelli pcapelli at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:55:56 PST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:31:05 -0600 (CST), J.A. Terranson <measl at mfn.org> wrote:
> Since Mein Fuhrer Bush is preparing to escalate to Iran in a few months,
> you'd better get used to it.

It's interesting you called him that, given your next statement.

> No.  The problem is states like the US who should keep their fascist noses
> out of other states business.  Let those states rise or fall on their own
> merits or demerits, but allow nature to take it's course.  It's not our
> place to be decisiding what is an appropriate government for others.
> Hell, we can't even figure out what's appropriate *here*.

Isolationism didn't work 70 years ago; what makes you think it will
work better in this new age of globalism?

--

Pete Capelli                                              pcapelli at ieee.org
http://www.capelli.org                                 PGP Key ID:0x829263B6