Spotting Trouble Identifying Faltering and Failing States (1997)

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sun Jan 16 20:31:05 PST 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, James A. Donald wrote:

> Oh wow, let us expand our current highly popular and successful
> Iraqi operation to embrace a quarter of the world.  Wouldn't it
> be nice?  No, come to think of it, it would not be nice.

Since Mein Fuhrer Bush is preparing to escalate to Iran in a few months,
you'd better get used to it.

> The problem is not failed states.  The problem is states like
> North Korea, Syria, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia, which are not
> failing, but damn well should.

No.  The problem is states like the US who should keep their fascist noses
out of other states business.  Let those states rise or fall on their own
merits or demerits, but allow nature to take it's course.  It's not our
place to be decisiding what is an appropriate government for others.
Hell, we can't even figure out what's appropriate *here*.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org
0xBD4A95BF

 Civilization is in a tailspin - everything is backwards, everything is
upside down- doctors destroy health, psychiatrists destroy minds, lawyers
destroy justice, the major media destroy information, governments destroy
freedom and religions destroy spirituality - yet it is claimed to be
healthy, just, informed, free and spiritual. We live in a social system
whose community, wealth, love and life is derived from alienation,
poverty, self-hate and medical murder - yet we tell ourselves that it is
biologically and ecologically sustainable.

The Bush plan to screen whole US population for mental illness clearly
indicates that mental illness starts at the top.

Rev Dr Michael Ellner