Feral Cities

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Sun Jan 16 11:59:22 PST 2005

At 10:32 AM 1/16/05 -0800, James A. Donald wrote:
>Terrorists, as we discovered in Afghanistan, tend to piss
>people off. They need a government that is strong enough to
>intimidate the locals to refrain from killing them.

Since when did a few remote Al Q boot camps piss people off?

Religion-based initiation of force pisses people off, just as the
Xian right will discover should it start beating women in the
streets.

Don't confuse the govt (eg Taliban, a faith-based organization) with
NGOs which may attract cruise missiles, but not hostility from the
populace, who probably enjoyed the extra commerce.