Gubmint Tests Passport RFID...

Steve Thompson steve49152 at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 13 12:20:54 PDT 2005

--- Tyler Durden <camera_lumina at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Whaddya know. Thompson said something that didn't make me want to beat
> him to death...

Too bad for you that I cannot say the same about what you write.

> > I have a different threat model.
>
> I've reached more or less the same conclusion. Or at least, incompetence
> may
> not be deliberate per se, but the byproduct of a system that needs to
> appear
> to care but is otherwise silently incented not to. Checking bags in the
> NYC
> transit system is the ultimate example of this: Completely, absolutely
> pointless in the face of a determined foe. (Meanwhile, of course,
> there's
> all sorts of state shennanegins that are possible through such an
> arrangement.)

No fucking shit.  Thanks for pointing this out to me.

> The obvious question is how much 9/11/01 is an example of this. For me,
> the
> conspiracy theories just don't quite add up (close though) but a
> moderately
> sharpened Occam's razor leads one to believe that some 'deliberate'
> holes
> were left open, which bin Laden, et al exploited. (I actually still
> believe
> that Bush didn't expect that level of damage, however.)

I don't know Bush, personally, and so I feel that it would be improper to
suggest that his unspoken cost-benefit analysis resulted in a particular
set of actions.

> As for the integrity of the money supply, I must succumb to temptation
> and
> question whether the Stalinst model of a demand economy (servicing an
> endless war on terror) hasn't been looked at by folks such as Wolfowitz,
> Cheney and so on.

Suckkumb all you want.

Regards,

Steve