Email Certification?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:18:54 PDT 2005

Yes, but this almost misses the point.

Is it possible to detect ('for certain', within previously mentioned
boundary conditions) that some has read it? This is a different problem from
merely trying to retain secrecy.

Remember, my brain is a little punch-drunk from all the Fight Club fighting.
BUT, I believe that the fact that deeper TLAs desire to hide themselves from
more run-of-the-mill operations might be exploited in an interesting way. Or
at least force them to "commit" to officially surveiling you, thereby (one
hopes) subjecting them to whatever frail tatters of the law still exist.

A better example may be home security systems. If they're going to tempest
you, I'd bet they'd prefer not to inform your local security company. They'd
rather just shut down your alarm system and I bet this is easy for them.

BUT, this fact may enable one to detect (with little doubt) such an
intrusion, and about this I shall say no more...

-TD