WebMoney

Paweł Krawczyk kravietz at aba.krakow.pl
Sat Apr 23 08:31:39 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:15:06AM -0500, Shawn K. Quinn wrote:

> > The fact that webmoney takes security so seriously suggests to me
> > that they are honest - but, of course, the fact that they are russian
> > suggests .....
> This isn't the middle of the Cold War anymore. I don't think they are
> that dishonest, especially after some of the crap the US government has
> pulled in the last few years.

It's not middle but it's definitely closer to Cold War now than in early
90's, if you look at recent Putin's actions.

I still have doubts about using WM but next time I'll give it a try
as it's cheaper than Western Union and wire transfers. Technically the
system seems trustworthy but that's not enough - any Russia-based money
system can be shut down in one day if someone in Moscow decides so.

If you look at 90's "denomination", then banks "bankrupting" last year
and Lukoil case then you understand why people don't want to send their
money through Russia. To Russia (like in my case) - maybe...

WM seems to be partially based on Ukraine which slightly gives more
confidence after last elections. I hope Ukraine sees this potential.

--
Pawe3 Krawczyk, Kraksw, Poland
ABA http://www.aba.krakow.pl/