WebMoney

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Apr 22 16:20:40 PDT 2005

At 07:40 PM 4/20/2005, James A. Donald wrote:
>Because webmoney takes security rather seriously, they do not accept
>credit card transactions, which is a major pain.  Nor can you convert
>paypal to or from other internet moneys.

Last time I wanted to use an online gold system,
I used pecunix as the currency and goldage.net
as the payment handler.  That was partly because of the
fees for the size of transactions I was doing
(for small transactions, the minimum fee is more important
than the percentage), but partly for convenience -
one way to pay Goldage in the US is to go to a bank
where they have an account and make a deposit -
Wells Fargo is one of their more widespread banks.

Credit cards are of course much more than a security issue -
chargebacks are a major problem for a vendor who's
shipping out gold credits immediately, especially if they're
anonymous accounts which can transfer anonymously.