Poor privacy protection in the states

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Wed Oct 13 01:30:03 PDT 2004

Why don't Americans honour security and privacy higher?

Look at this page
http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/police/prostitution_photos_current.ht
ml

Which is from a police department!
http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/police/

If we look at the spirit of this quote I don't see how it is ok to
behave in this abusive manner by the authorities.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses,
papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall
not be violated..."

(from the fourth amendment, US constitution)

It is one thing if we're talking about very dangerous individuals who
are being sought after by the police and who the public needs to be
aware of but here we have a completely different situation.

Why is the integrity and security of the simple man on the street not
honoured in the US society today? It's a big difference between the
protection of personal privacy in Europe and in the US and all
Americans should really ask themselves why this has to be.