Poor privacy protection in the states

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Wed Oct 13 01:50:21 PDT 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> Why don't Americans honour security and privacy higher?

Good question.

Basically, we're a bunch of closet fascists.

> Look at this page
> http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/police/prostitution_photos_current.ht
> ml

Hey,
	Tinklenberg, Chi Christine
	Home: Saint Paul, MN
	Age: 34
	Height: 5-03
	Weight: 120

is kinda cute!

> Which is from a police department!
> http://www.ci.stpaul.mn.us/depts/police/
>

> If we look at the spirit of this quote I don't see how it is ok to
> behave in this abusive manner by the authorities.

Join the club.  next...

> "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses,
> papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall
> not be violated..."
>
> (from the fourth amendment, US constitution)

Um, I'm sorry - maybe you hadn't heard yet: that old piece of paper was
superceded on 11 Sep 01, when "everything changed".

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org