Email tapping by ISPs, forwarder addresses, and crypto proxies

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 09:36:32 PDT 2004

"Remember that the spookfabs don't have to contend with *economics and
yield*."

Damn, this is precisely where I wish Tim May was still around.

Certainly, the Spooks have their own fabs, and I don't think they even hide
this fact (I doubt they could, ultimately). And certainly, the Spooks crank
out all sort of special ASICs using their own IP as well as some
store-bought stuff they drop onto their designs.

However, where I have some BIG doubts is whether their fab is X generations
ahead of the most advanced commercial fabs. Frankly, I bet they have a
pretty good fab that was modified by a commercial vendor to support small
production runs. This fab, however, does not utilize cosmic rays for etching
or whatever. It's probably 0.13 microns at best (wait...I think Taiwan Semi
and a couple of other places are one step ahead of this). This limits what
they can do with a chip or chipset, and implies that they won't be orders of
magnitude better at opening up LOTS of traffic.

(In non-troll mode.)
-TD