progress

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Jan 5 12:00:24 PST 2004

    --
This small step forward is ultimately a result of https.

The more advanced technologies that have been a focus of
discussion of this list have yet to have real effect, but I see
the infrastructure that would create demand for such
technologies coming into being.

On 5 Jan 2004 at 11:57, sales at cheapscrips.com wrote:

> We are an overseas pharmacy that is presently accepting
> e-gold as our exclusive means of payment. Our prices are
> substantially lower than ridiculously-high U.S. prices. In
> addition:
>
> *We currently feature 125 drugs on our site and have access
> to several thousand more. *We do not require a prescription
> of any kind. *Our shipping is just $7 to anywhere in North or
> South America; $9 elsewhere.
>
> Our homepage is located at www.cheapscrips.com
>
> Come check us out!

by the way, many of their drugs are radically cheaper.
Assuming they are legitimate, they would be getting it from
some country that does not pay too much attention to patents,
registered trademarks, and the like.

Regulatory arbitrage, and a privately issued currency.   It is
well short of the high expectations we held years ago, but it
is progress nonetheless.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     6CxZlFVsvfCscLNvWTSJpnFyTKmr81PGhoMjo4Lq
     47V6MDRLrS73Hik5meE9gm9iEi39WNmrDWIklUe6q