Coffee, Tea, or Should We Feel Your Pregnant Wife's Breasts Before Throwing You in a Cell at the Airport and Then Lying About Why We Put You There?

Steve Thompson steve49152 at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 22 08:44:54 PST 2004

The subject header is very nice.

 --- "J.A. Terranson" <measl at mfn.org> wrote:
> Several points come to mind:
>
> (1) Mr. Monahan seems to think that lies on police reports are an
> artifact
> of 9/11.  Welcome to the real world Mr. Monahan.

You say that like it's a bad thing.  The real world, that is.  Most people
find that the real world isn't all bad, and get on with their lives.

> (2) Monahan, and those like him who continue to fly, have nobody to
> blame
> but themselves: if you continue to feed these assholes by buying those
> tickets, then you have it coming: simple economics.  If people refuse to
> fly, this will stop.

Oh, it's even simpler to deal with than that.  Technology (for real this
time) will eventually make air travel, at it's current state-of-the-art,
obsolete, thus obviating the immediate inconveniences that spur like
complaints.  It's all simply a matter of obtaining the proper perspective.

> (3) As to the ACLU, again, welcome to the real world.  Many of us have
> been down that road before you Mr. Monahan - while the ACLU is not a bad
> thing per se, they are a lot like the cops and courts: they are not
> there
> for any one individual, there are there for "the big picture".  And the
> Big Picture requires money, which means you must be a minority (since
> how
> can anyone of the majority ever be "oppressed"?).  In a nutshell, Fuck
> The
> ACLU.

This is fairly cogent.  In the real world, large bureaucracies are not so
good at handling a wide variety of different things.  Corporations usually
specialize in one major product area, and don't do so well when they
expand into areas that differ too much from their core product.  Don't
blame the ACLU too much, it's really not their fault if they fail to fully
leverage their expertise and influence in every single case.

> (4) Lastly, as to your cesarian, fuck you and your wife, and her
> cesearean.  We don't give a shit about your personal problems, just like
> you don't care about ours.  Sure, it makes for a pulpy little story, but

That's strange.  I find that one's personal life is never really much of a
concern to for most people in our society.  I know a large number of
people, personally, who give virtually no thought to their own lives
outside of work.  Myself, I am also inclined in that direction.

Today, most of the people I know are out satisfying their Christmas
obligations.  And while those who choose to enjoy the season are fully
engaged in the spirit of merrymaking, it is very nice that at least the
holiday is entirely voluntary.  So far, I have not had to fight off any
Christmas carolers, nor have I received any unpleasant gifts (although I
will tell you more later about the non-Jewish group I saw recently that
seemed to be confused by Chanukah).  Which is why, incidentally, that I
rarely have to care about my personal life.  As much as can be expected,
my personal life caries on in the best way possible, thus requiring none
of the time and attention that would be better directed elsewhere.

> when you get right down to it, do we really care?  No.  Because, again,
> you helped to create this beast you are now bitching about, and after it
> bit you, you *continued to fly*, and thereby feed it some more.

These things happen from time to time.  The best advice that you could
give to the original author would be to suggest that he relax and wait
until the incident passes.

Regards,

Steve

(Sent only to Mr. Terranson yesterday, thought
it would amuse the list and so resent.)