"Word" Of the Subgenius...

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Dec 8 06:24:39 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:17:30AM -0500, John Kelsey wrote:

> Maybe, maybe not.  The thing I always find interesting and annoying about
Tim May's posts is that he's sometimes making really clearly thought out,
intelligent points, and other times spewing out nonsense so crazy you can't
believe it's coming from the same person.  It's also clear he's often yanking
peoples' chains, often by saying the most offensive thing he can think of.
But once in awhile, even amidst the crazy rantings about useless eaters and
ovens, he'll toss out something that shows some deep, coherent thought about
some issue in a new and fascinating direction.

There was no doubt he was trolling. I never figured out the precise reason,
though. Attempted suicide by cop? Free speech illustration? You tell me.
Neither is sufficient interesting.