Fact checking

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Mon Apr 26 17:20:06 PDT 2004

Thus spake Harmon Seaver (hseaver at cybershamanix.com) [26/04/04 19:25]:
:    And the local elections are no prime pickings either, it's crooks to the left
: of us, crooks to the right of us, ahead and behind, above and below. Extremely
: few real choices. The real problem is -- most people don't vote. What needs to
: be done is a real grass roots effort to educate people and get them to vote.

So, how does one start a grass roots effort?  I'm Canuck, and I'm not
exactly impressed with this year's pickings up North.  My last vote was a
vote /against/ the in-office party, not for the party I'd like to see in
office.

How do you start motivating a lazy and apathetic public to learn about their
candidates, and vote?  Door-to-door campaigns?  Talks at the local library?
Grocery store posters?