Fact checking

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Mon Apr 26 16:24:57 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 04:12:40PM -0400, Damian Gerow wrote:

> Agreed, every politician has their own problems.  I /personally/ don't
> believe that Mr. Gore was trying to take credit for 'inventing' the
> Internet.  His wording is incredibly vague, and I agree that it could be
> taken as him trying to take credit for building up the Internet to the point
> it is today.
>
> But he'd have to be *incredibly* stupid to actually believe that he could
> get away with claiming he invented something that existed (albeit in various
> forms) years previous.

   Good grief -- algore is fucking pathological liar. That was just one example
among thousands. He can't even tell the truth about where and how he grew
up. Gore the lessor of two evils? As much as I despise dubbya, I can't say I'd
prefer gore -- but then I voted for Ralph, and will again. And voted libertarian
the two elections before that.
   And the local elections are no prime pickings either, it's crooks to the left
of us, crooks to the right of us, ahead and behind, above and below. Extremely
few real choices. The real problem is -- most people don't vote. What needs to
be done is a real grass roots effort to educate people and get them to vote.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix