Fornicalia Lawmaker Moves to Block Gmail

Justin justin-cypherpunks at soze.net
Tue Apr 13 02:53:02 PDT 2004

Riad S. Wahby (2004-04-13 01:49Z) wrote:

> http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040412/wr_nm/tech_google_dc_1
>
> A private interaction between two consenting parties has absolutely
> nothing to do with the state, period.  The bitch supporting this shit
> should be removed from office forthwith.

It's not just a private interaction between two consenting parties.
It's a contract that grants power to a third party eliminating
traditional legal guarantees of quasi-privacy in communication from
sender to recipient, one of which is not a party to the contract.
There's no guarantee the average sender would know that mail to gmail is
intercepted and parsed.

--
"You took my gun.  It's just your word against mine!"
"Not necessarily."