Sex-diary writer expected to leave jail

Freematt357 at aol.com Freematt357 at aol.com
Wed Sep 17 08:49:09 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/17/03 10:57:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
camera_lumina at hotmail.com writes:

> Actually, it's quite
> possible that these writings might be the very thing preventing him from
> "needing" to do anything in real life. Writing is known to have this
> function in many writers...ie, of sublimating urges that might otherwise be
> acted upon.

This Brian Dalton weirdo being local I've read all the media coverage and he
was encouraged to write his fantasies down in a diary by his therapist-  The
parents found the diary and went to the authorities stupidly thinking that
they'd try to get him additional help-  the help came in the form of charges of
pandering obscenity, although he didn't show the diary to anyone.

I have a friend who won a county prosecutor election about ten years ago, and
he told me the prevailing theory on child predators is that no therapy works
and the best strategy is to try to get them the maximum time in jail thus
keeping them from being able to abuse more children.

Of course this case has obviously violated the first amendment, this guy
didn't abuse actual children, just wrote a rather sick and twisted story about
keeping kids locked in cages in a basement for sexual entertainment.  Knowing the
power structure as I do they care jack shit about the constitution, but
rather about practical ways to keep predators off the street.

I noted that the Dalton was also ordered to have no Internet access, which is
interesting as he didn't do an Internet crime. His diary was in handwritten
print form.

Regards, Matt-