Asperger's Syndrome

John Kozubik john at kozubik.com
Wed May 7 20:41:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Neil Johnson wrote:

> > Another possibility is that a large population of those with corrected
> > vision had their vision slowly degraded by the early applications of the
> > correction.  I have no experience with vision correction, but I know
> > anecdotally that most people with corrected vision need their corrections
> > strengthened throughout their lifetime.  In reality, their sight problem
> > may have stabilized (or even improved) very early on in the absence of
> > treatment.  Thus, our perception of what sight abilities the average
> > person in the United States has might be artificially deflated by early
> > and aggressive treatment.
>
> Bzzzzzt. I just purchased new glasses recently with a weaker perscription.
> I was surprised, but my optometrist told me that this is common.

Well, just speculation on my part - I am no professional in this area.
However, did he discuss _how_ common it is ?  Just because it is common
does not mean it is the norm.  Further, if your recent vision improvements
leave you now with a level of vision that still represents a retrograde
motion (albeit smaller) since you first got corrected, it could still be
consistent with my uninformed musing.

-----
John Kozubik - john at kozubik.com - http://www.kozubik.com