Asperger's Syndrome

Roy M.Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Wed May 7 21:28:05 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 10:41 pm, John Kozubik wrote:
> On Wed, 7 May 2003, Neil Johnson wrote:

> > Bzzzzzt. I just purchased new glasses recently with a weaker
> > perscription. I was surprised, but my optometrist told me that this is
> > common.
>
> Well, just speculation on my part - I am no professional in this area.
> However, did he discuss _how_ common it is ?  Just because it is common
> does not mean it is the norm.

This is common in nearsighted persons.  One tends to farsightedness in ones
older age.  For a nearsighted person, that equates to vision closer to
nominal.  It happened to my mother, and judging by the relative flatness of
my prescription over the last 7 years (compared with the previous 30), it
will happen to me.